Thursday, July 30, 2009

TX-Sen: Bill White Campaigns, But Where Does He Stand On Foreign Policy, Public Option?

Now that we may have a special election for a vacant U.S. Senate seat (that of Kay Bailey Hutchison, who's announced she will step down in order to spend her full time running for governor against fellow Republican and incumbent Rick Perry), it's time to look at who may be running to gain her seat.
The other day, I received a post card from supporters of Houston Mayor Bill White seeking my presence at one of his functions. While my schedule may prevent me from going, I'm curious about why White on his website fails to disclose what office he is running for.
In fact, the only way you'd know that White was seeking the Hutchison senate seat would be if you saw this page.
The White web site is has positions he has taken on matters such as energy and health care, but where does he stand on foreign policy issues?
Or, more specifically on health care, does he support the sort of public option that President Obama and others have supported?
Putting it mildly, I'd like to hear more before I commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment