Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Finding A Church Where No Good One Is Found

"not abandoning our own meetings, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging each other, and even more so because you see the day."
--Hebrews 10:25
I wish I could say that my wife and I have found a church we can be comfortable in while getting strong teaching, but after more than 10 years of living in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, we still haven't found one.
It's not because of a lack of effort. We have checked into a number of churches in the area, but more often than not, those churches have been far short in their attempts to make us feel welcome without resorting to efforts to control us.
As much as a church I attended for many years during my Southern California residency, The Church On The Way in Van Nuys, strongly encourages believers like my wife and myself to find local congregations to participate in, we have found that the lack of good church choices even in an area as large as our Metroplex has forced us to receive our weekly teachings and encouragement from the on-line service broadcasts COTW (as I have long abbreviated that church) has offered.
The teachings we have gotten from Pastor Jim Tolle have been excellent. His latest teaching, which included a brief denounciation of the murder of a Kansas abortion doctor, was most profound.
Will we ever find a Dallas-Fort Worth church that meets our needs, or will God lead us elsewhere to gain the live fellowship that's so badly needed? I don't know, but I sure hope answers come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment