Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Can't Believe It! (St)Rangers Complete BoSox Sweep

Just a few weeks after I took my family to the (St)Rangers Ballpark in Arlington to see our local team win, the area team completed something I thought they could never do-- sweep the Boston Red Sox (a task they completed tonight by winning, 3-1).
I'm never going to give up my love for the Cubbies, but the (St)Rangers sure have been impressive throughout the season. Even if they fall short in the AL West, I think Nolan Ryan deserves huge consideration as baseball's executive of the year.
In just his second year as a (St)Rangers executive, "The Express" has transformed the pitching staff from a bunch of namby-pambies who did nothing but give up ones into one that kept the team competitive and wasn't afraid to challenge even the opponents' best hitters.
Another improbable note: Ian Kinsler, who didn't exactly strike me as a power hitter during my trip to the (St)Rangers ballpark last month, now has 23 homers this year with his blast tonight. It isn't the kind of thing you'd expect from one with Kinsler's slight build.

No comments:

Post a Comment