Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ted Kennedy

When I was young and immature, I was anything but a Ted Kennedy fan (or a fan of any Kennedy), but as I have gotten older, I have learned to appreciate the legacy of all the Kennedy brothers, especially Ted, who died earlier in the day.
Ted Kennedy was the senator from Massachusetts, but he might as well have been the senator who represented the entire United States. He championed just about every progressive cause that ever was hatched from the day he first walked onto the Senate floor to the day he died.
Up to the end, Ted Kennedy was in the front lines of the fight for meaningful healthcare reform, and I wish Ted could have been there when this important legislation gets passed and then signed by President Obama.
Ted Kennedy was a hero to me, and I'm DEFINITELY going to miss this Senate lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment