Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rational Radio 1360-- Great, except at the top of the hour

There is only one Dallas-Fort Worth-area radio station that presents progressive views, but that station's newscasts present right-wing disinformation.
Don't get me wrong, I like much of the programming of my area's progressive station-- Rational Radio 1360 (KMNY), but when it comes to the hourly news, the IRN-USA radio network is no better than the Fox "news" channel.
I heard one example on the IRN hourly news prior to Thom Hartmann's program. The segment's reader claimed that hostile reaction was taking a toll on the American people's support for the public option.
What the reader forgot to mention was that despite the protests of the rabble-rousing few during townhall meetings, the public option still commands great support. At least two polls I've seen have support at more than three-fourths of those polled.
A third poll had support in the mid-50s.
So much for the IRN claims.
I'm glad, however, that there's a spot on Rational Radio where it says it presents progressive views "except at the top of the hour." After hearing IRN not just this time but a few other times, I can understand why such a disclaimer has to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment